Graphic Designer Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a graphic designer to help us create visual concepts to convey information through creative work.
As a graphic designer, you’ll be primarily responsible for creating and designing visual content like posters, packaging, logos, marketing materials, among others, depending on the project requirements.
You’ll need to have a strong foundation for creating and using elements like shapes, colours, typography, images and others to communicate ideas to our audience.
Graphic Designer Job Profile
A graphic designer’s job demands creativity translated into eye-catchy and aesthetically pleasing visuals. You will be expected to have an open mindset and be receptive to constructive feedback.
Your job would include exciting opportunities such as working on different products, websites, advertisements, posters, computer games, etc. All in all, you’ll be responsible for giving businesses a visual brand and identity through your work.
The work demands up-to-date knowledge of industry software and practices, creativity, and strong work ethics like meeting deadlines.
- UI Designer
- UX Designer
- Design Lead
Graphic Designer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the design team to determine requirements
- Engage with clients to pitch ideas on how to increase audience engagement using visual content
- Translate client requirements with work implemented using best design practices and make iterations and revisions based on feedback received
- Create designs using illustration photo editing, making use of principles of colours, images, layouts and typography
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design tools, trends and technologies in the industry
Graphic Designer Requirements & Skills
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Portfolio of previous work to demonstrate prior work experience
- Experience working on projects where design skills were implemented
- Ability to work using design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, among others
- An eye for detail and visual composition
- Strong work ethics like time management and meeting deadlines
- Ability to comprehend marketing, product, web design, product packaging principles and implement them in visual content