Data Analyst Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a Data Analyst to assist us in developing high-performance, responsive web applications.
As a data analyst, you will function as a gatekeeper for our organisation's data, ensuring that stakeholders understand it and utilise it to make essential business choices.
The ability to pay attention to detail, communicate well, and be highly organised required talents. You will not only assist us in comprehending the data, but you will also contribute insight and analysis through good visual, written, and spoken communication.
Data Analyst Job Profile
Data analysis is the process of extracting insights from data to aid in making better business choices. A data analyst collects, cleans, and examines data sets to solve issues.
A data analyst gathers, cleans, and evaluates data sets to answer questions or solve problems. They can work in various fields such as business, finance, criminal justice, science, medicine, and government.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Marketing Team
Data Analyst Responsibilities
- Create and manage data systems and databases
- Troubleshoot coding faults and other data-related issues
- Collect data from primary and secondary sources
- Create and deploy databases and data collecting systems
- Interpret data sets using statistical methods
- Create reports for senior leadership that effectively convey trends, patterns, and projections based on pertinent data
- Collaborate closely with management to establish essential metrics and KPIs, as well as to prioritise business needs
- Work with programmers, engineers, and organisational leaders to find possibilities for process improvements
- Make system recommendations and create data governance policies
- Create suitable documentation that helps stakeholders to understand the processes of the data analysis process
- Recognise, evaluate, and understand trends and patterns in large data sets.
- Create and maintain dashboards
- Duplicate or replicate the data analysis if required
Data Analyst Requirements & Skills
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Outstanding numerical and analytical abilities
- Understanding of Data analysis tool work
- Knowledge of different relational databases (e.g. MS Access)
- Understanding of data modelling, cleaning, and enrichment approaches
- Open-source data analytics with Hadoop
- Aptitude for Google Analytics, SEO, keyword analysis, and web analytics for marketing analyst positions
- Ability to create and document processes and workflows
- Understanding of data protection concerns and the ability to perform data quality control, validation, and linking
- Knowledge and awareness of industry-specific databases and data sets
- Knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis techniques
- Ability to create precise graphical representations and data visualisations