UI/UX Designer Job Description Brief
We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team. As a UI/UX Designer, your primary responsibility will be to research, design, and deliver the best UX interfaces, perform usability testing, and create low and high-fidelity mockups to validate design concepts.
All in all, you will be tasked with providing the best user experience for websites and mobile applications and ensuring customer satisfaction.
UI/UX Designer Job Profile
A UI/UX designer makes a product or service intuitive and accessible. They are often an important key member of a product team, filling the gap between the different stakeholders of a business.
They’re true advocates for the end customer. Whatever product, new feature, a team is building or iterations they’re making in an existing product, a UI/UX designer’s focus remains on providing the best user experience to the end user.
- Core Design Team
- Product Team
UI/UX Designer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the design research team to translate actionable insights into lo-fi (low fidelity) and hi-fi (high fidelity) prototypes
- Collaborate with the design team and developers to develop, update and modernize software product user interfaces (using agile methodologies)
- Understand UI/UX related business problems across our customer base to provide best user experience and make applications more intuitive
- Collaborate with members of different teams for smooth design process (design researchers, content designers, developers, product owners, etc.)
- Ideate, initiate, and participate in in-person and virtual design thinking workshops
UI/UX Designer Requirements & Skills
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of solving intricate end-user problems through UI/UX design, creating mockups and prototypes, as well as documenting the design process
- Sound knowledge of design and wireframe tools (Sketch, InVision, Wireframe.cc, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.)
- Portfolio of previous professional design work to demonstrate an understanding of UI/UX concepts and experience in designing web/mobile applications
- Understanding of design thinking and design trends (including responsiveness and accessibility)
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- An eye for detail