Android Developer Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking an Android Developer to join our team. As an Android Developer, your job will be to deliver high quality and user-friendly apps for devices powered by Android Operating System to be launched on the Play Store.
You will be expected to have strong attention to detail, timely delivery of apps, and contribute to our engineering team in delivering Android apps compatible with different versions of Android and devices.
An ideal candidate should have strong Android application development skills and the ability to push mobile technologies to the limits to deliver top-notch apps.
Android Developer Job Profile
An Android Developer designs and develops next-generation applications Android applications. Their day to day tasks includes writing and proofreading code, bug fixing, enhancing app performance.
Other tasks include unit-testing code strengthening, user experience and solidity of built android applications.
- Chief Technology Officer
- Software Lead
- Android Software Manager
Android Developer Responsibilities
- Convert UI/UX wireframes into apps for the Android ecosystem to be launched on the Play Store
- Collaborate with the engineering and design team to analyse customer requirements and ship new features
- Run tests for code to ensure continuous enhancement of the apps
- Fix bugs in the existing codebase and maximise app performance
- Work with data sources, external software libraries and APIs
- Discover new mobile technologies to stay up-to-date with industry standards
Android Developer Requirements & Skills
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of Java, C++ or any other related programming language
- Knowledge of different versions of Android and Android SDK
- Ability to proofread and write clean code
- Knowledge of emerging mobile technologies and Android principles and guidelines
- Experience in building apps powered by Android Operating System or portfolio of previously developed Android mobile applications
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- An eye for detail