SAP Functional Consultant Job Description Template/Brief
As a SAP Functional Consultant, you will be responsible for providing consulting expertise in the area of SAP functional implementation, process improvement and re-engineering. You will also be required to provide support and training to clients on SAP products. In order to qualify for this position, you should have at least 5 years of experience in SAP Implementation or Support projects.
SAP Functional Consultant Job Profile
SAP functional consultants are responsible for the implementation and configuration of SAP software products. They work with businesses to understand their specific needs and then design, customize and implement solutions that maximize the use of the software for those needs.
SAP functional consultants work with clients throughout the implementation process, from the initial needs assessment through go-live and beyond. They must have a strong understanding of SAP software products, as well as how business processes are used within an organization.
- SAP Project Manager
SAP Functional Consultant Responsibilities
- Configure and implement SAP software
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and processes
- Design, customize and implement solutions to meet those needs
- Provide training and support to users
- Write functional specifications for development team
- Test and debug software
- Manage projects and timelines
SAP Functional Consultant Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working with SAP software products
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously