VP of Sales Job Description Template/Brief
As the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for managing a team of salespeople and developing strategies to increase sales and grow the company. In this role, you will be expected to have a deep understanding of the market, our products, and our customers. You will also be responsible for setting quotas, managing relationships with key accounts, and developing new business opportunities.
VP of Sales Job Profile
The VP of Sales is responsible for leading the sales department and developing and executing the sales strategy. He or she works closely with the CEO and other members of the executive team to create and implement companywide sales initiatives, objectives and goals. The VP of Sales also manages and motivates the sales team, ensuring that they meet or exceed their sales targets.
VP of Sales Responsibilities
- Developing and executing the sales strategy
- Creating and implementing companywide sales initiatives, objectives and goals
- Managing and motivating the sales team
- Ensuring that the sales team meets or exceeds their sales targets
- Building relationships with customers
VP of Sales Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 7+ years of sales experience
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills