PostgreSQL, also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source relational database management system emphasizing extensibility and SQL compliance. PostgreSQL requires very minimum maintained efforts because of its stability. Therefore, if you develop applications based on PostgreSQL, the total cost of ownership is low in comparison with other database management systems. Many companies have built products and solutions using PostgreSQL. Some featured companies are Apple, Fujitsu, Red Hat, Cisco, Juniper Network, etc.
Millions of developers and companies rely on PostgreSQL as their transactional data store of choice to drive application health and decision-making. With a high demand for PostgreSQL database admins, lots of software engineers simply add it to their resume/ CV, but they fall short when more advanced tasks that require specific database and software development experience need to be completed. The PostgreSQL online test is designed to help you find the most qualified PostgreSQL experts.
Typical responsibilities of a PostgreSQL Database Admin might involve:
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Primary on day to day schema changes and database maintenance
- Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs
- Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented
- Assist in Defining and implementing maintenance plan for the database systems
The test is designed to filter out candidates for roles like:
- Database Administrator
- PostgreSQL Developer
- System Administrator
- DevOps Engineer
- Software Engineer