Splunk is a tool for monitoring and searching through large amounts of data. It indexes and correlates information in a container, making it searchable, and allows for the generation of alerts, reports, and visualizations.
A Splunk Administrator will be in charge of indexes, indexers, and indexer clusters. Scaling platform installations, protecting Splunk Enterprise, troubleshooting, and documenting are some of their responsibilities.
Typical Splunk Administrator/Consultant responsibilities include:
- Building and optimizing large-scale Splunk infrastructure
- Administering Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new or extending existing Apps to perform specialized functionality
- Designing and implementing solutions to address business problems understanding the Splunk architecture requirements for scalability, security, and performance
- Implementing and administering Splunk
- Managing Splunk Users accounts
- Building and maintaining Splunk components
- Integrating with Guidewire and other platforms
- Integrating Splunk best practices