Facing an issue?
- Close all your browsers and applications. Open only one window. Once you see a loader wait for the chat to appear.
- Try using Chrome.
- Depending on your internet connection speed, it might take more time than usual. Wait for ~3 minutes.
- If you are facing a webcam issue- once you give webcam permissions, reload the page.
- If you still face issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshots of your network speed (open fast.com and take a speed test and take screenshot) and a screenshot of your screen after waiting for 4-5 minutes and trying to reload a couple of times.
- Some tests might have webcam proctoring enabled. Please use latest version of Chrome browser in such cases.
- At any point during the chat, if you are stuck you can reload the chat window and conversation will continue. Your chat will be saved at every point (your progress will not be lost).
What you should know
The assessment you have been invited to is a conversational assessment, and will be completed in a chat interface. Our chatbot, Ada is warm and friendly, and should serve as an assistant for you to complete the assessment.
Each question is timed, the timer will appear on the top right. There should be sufficient time for you to complete the question. Just in case you get stuck or need more time, when the time is about to run out, you will have the option to get some buffer time (25% of total time for that question) to complete your answer.
Window monitoring/ proctoring
To make the assessment fair for all candidates, the employer might enable window proctoring. In that case, the following options are restricted:
- Opening a new tab/ window
- Opening a different application
- Opening the browser console
We understand that this might be uncomfortable, but please try not to move away from the assessment window till you have completed it. Your scorecard will inform the employer about these activities, so it is best to stick to the assessment window for the entire duration of the assessment. Also, please close all other tabs/ windows/ applications before you start the assessment so you don't get distracted.
If you try to switch focus by doing any of the above mentioned activities, you will get a warning, which should serve as a reminder for you to stick to the window.
Webcam monitoring/ proctoring
The employer might set up webcam proctoring for an assessment. In that case, the chat interface will need permissions to your webcam. We understand it might be uncomfortable to turn on the webcam but unfortunately, given the volume of applications some employers receive, they have to mandate this requirement.
If your browser/ device has issues with enabling camera, you can close the link and open again in a supported browser- your chat will be saved. If you face any issues or have any queries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will help you out.
The images will be attached to your scorecard, so if you use any unfair means during the assessment, the employer will know.
Types of questions in the assessment
Most assessments will have one or more MCQ questions. The language used in the questions is picked to make sure that a non-native English speaker will be able to easily understand. If you pick an incorrect option in an MCQ, the chatbot might give you a hint. You should try to understand the hint, and derive the correct answer. If you first select an incorrect option, and use the hint to then pick the correct answer, you will get partial score for that question.
Coding question and code editor
Depending on what role you are applying for, the employer might have set up an assessment that includes coding questions. The chat interface has an embedded code editor for coding questions.
- Documentation: You will also have access to documentation of all programming languages within the code editor itself, so you don't need to worry about memorizing language syntax.
- Input/ Output: Each coding question will have a default input and expected output for the input which also serves an a sample test case.
- Test cases: In addition to the default test case, each coding question will have hidden test cases and your code will be evaluated against these hidden cases. With the "Run Testcases" button, you can simulate that, and the interface will show you how many test cases are passing or failing. You will however not be able to see the actual test cases.
Can I take a break?
Please make sure you are able to commit to the duration of the assessment, without a break. Once you start the assessment, you will not be able to pause the timer for a break.
What if I lose my internet connection during the assessment?
- Make sure you are on a stable internet connection before you begin.
- If you lose your internet connection for a minute or so, don't worry the application will reconnect automatically once your internet is back up. If you need to reload the page, you can go ahead- your progress will not be lost.
- If you lose your internet connection midway, and are unable to recover the connection for a few hours, your assessment will be auto-submitted and you will need to get in touch with the employer. All decisions regarding a re-attempt will be made by the employer (and not by Adaface).
How can I be sure that my answers are evaluated correctly?
The evaluation is completely automated, so you can rest assured that your answers are correctly saved and evaluated accurately.
Can I take a practice assessment first?
The assessment is very intuitive, you do not need to go through a practice assessment. Don't worry. :)
I am unable to login. What should I do?
If you got an email invite from firstname.lastname@example.org for the assessment, please sign up/ log in using the same email id. If you haven't received a verification email after signing up, please check your spam/ junk folder.
I am facing an issue with the assessment, who should I contact?
If you got an email invite from email@example.com for the assessment, please reply to the email and our team will get in touch. Else, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch.