WordPress Developer Job Description Template/Brief
Our organization is looking for a WordPress Developer with extensive knowledge of the WordPress platform to develop and build numerous modular components for our company's website. You will be well-versed in both front and back end design and the use of plugins and themes. You will also need to understand how to control the different security capabilities available to prevent unwanted access. Furthermore, you will require strong communication skills because you will be interacting with various stakeholders and other developers daily.
WordPress Developer Job Profile
A WordPress developer is usually in command of either the back-end or front-end development of WordPress sites (or both). This often involves but is not restricted to developing bespoke WordPress themes and plugins. WordPress developers are also engaged in making a sitemap or wireframes for a new site, moving an existing site to WordPress, or redesigning it to enhance its SEO and conversion rate.
Alternatively, instead of working with consumers on their sites, WordPress developers might analyze and troubleshoot the official WordPress source to improve the programme.
- Director of Technology
WordPress Developer Responsibilities
- Create completely functional WordPress websites depending on business needs and design specifications
- Create user interfaces for Internet/intranet apps by establishing expectations and feature objectives early in the development life cycle
- Create and carry out testing
- PHP and HTML programming for landing pages and microsites outside of WordPress
- Assess designs, wireframes and other milestones during the design and user experience
- Website development - Create website pages, Pardot landing pages, and email templates using design files supplied by our in-house designer
- Create new, reusable, high-quality code.
- Recognize and alter current systems as the company needs evolve
- Create system test criteria and take part in system testing
WordPress Developer Requirements & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, SVN, and CVS
- Working knowledge of debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector, Firebug, and others
- Understanding of REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- Capability to manage and handle projects
- Creating and transforming designs into themes
- Prior experience developing both the front-end and back-end of a website
- Understanding of WordPress Plugins
- Proven writing and verbal communication abilities, as well as proficiency in English
- Solid knowledge of web architecture