Warehouse Manager Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide range of goods. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. This role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to manage people, processes, and technology in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Warehouse Manager Job Profile
A Warehouse Manager plays a critical role in the logistics chain, managing the operations of a warehouse. They are responsible for overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods and for managing staff, vehicles, and other resources.
The Warehouse Manager typically reports to the Head of Logistics or Supply Chain Manager.
Warehouse Manager Responsibilities
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with the data storage system.
- Prepare annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach, and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, etc.).
- Ensure health and safety standards are met.
Warehouse Manager Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or business administration.