Technical Business Analyst Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join our team. This role involves bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements, and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. The ideal candidate should possess a blend of technical and business knowledge, with a focus on delivering innovative IT solutions to business challenges.
Technical Business Analyst Job Profile
A Technical Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and modeling business processes, conducting market analysis and forecasting, and developing technical solutions to business problems. They play a key role in enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions, and finding technological solutions to meet business needs.
The Technical Business Analyst typically reports to the IT Manager or Head of Business Analysis.
Technical Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Liaise between business and technical personnel to ensure a mutual understanding of processes and applications.
- Conduct market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business.
- Develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
- Ensure effective communication and relationship between the business and IT.
- Develop and implement technology solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
Technical Business Analyst Requirements & Skills
- Proven working experience as a Technical Business Analyst.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of statistics, at least to the degree necessary to communicate effectively with data scientists.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field.