Staffing Specialist Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Staffing Specialist to join our Human Resources team. The Staffing Specialist will be responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and placing top talent within our organization. This role involves full-cycle recruitment, from identifying potential candidates to conducting interviews and facilitating the hiring process. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a knack for building relationships, and a thorough understanding of recruitment strategies.
Staffing Specialist Job Profile
A Staffing Specialist is crucial in the recruitment and placement of employees. They are responsible for understanding the staffing needs of the organization, sourcing candidates, managing the recruitment process, and ensuring the best candidates are placed in suitable roles.
The Staffing Specialist typically reports to the HR Manager or Recruitment Manager.
Staffing Specialist Responsibilities
- Develop and implement staffing strategies to provide high-quality talent within the company.
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for open positions: sourcing, interviewing, and evaluating candidates.
- Collaborate with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Attend job fairs and other industry events to network and attract candidates.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Initiate background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Provide analytical and well-documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team.
- Offer guidance and facilitate the negotiation process through to its completion.
- Follow up with candidates and assist with the onboarding process.
Staffing Specialist Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a Staffing Specialist, Recruiter, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g., phone, Skype, structured).
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or relevant field.
- Good understanding of labor legislation and employment market trends.