Software Tester Job Description Template/Brief
We are actively recruiting a Software Tester who will be engaged in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You will execute automated and manual tests to assure that the software generated by developers is suitable for your purpose and that any defects or flaws within a product are eliminated before it is distributed to end customers.
Your position is critical in developing software systems and technological items such as automobiles, electrical goods, defence, and healthcare. You might work on bespoke, one-off projects or global initiatives that span the world and cost billions of pounds. You must be knowledgeable about programming and coding languages or be willing to learn.
Software Tester Job Profile
A software tester is to create test scenarios for software usability, conduct these tests, and report to the production team on the effectiveness and errors. A software tester may also be referred to as a software test engineer or a quality assurance (QA) tester.
- Tech Lead
- Chief Technology Officer
Software Tester Responsibilities
- Assess the validity and feasibility of user stories, use cases, and requirements
- Work collaboratively with other team members and departments to carry out all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Design and implement automation scripts when required
- Recognize and track software flaws and discrepancies
- Provide prompt solutions
- Incorporate quality engineering principles across the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide assistance and documentation
Software Tester Requirements & Skills
- A BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of project management and QA methodology
- Experience with Agile frameworks and regression testing
- The ability to document and troubleshoot issues
- Familiarity with test management tools (e.g., qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational and teamwork abilities