Software Architect Job Description Template/Brief
Our organisation is looking for an experienced software architect. The applicant needs to be capable of designing, developing, and implementing software solutions. They should be capable of dealing with complex business issues and providing technological solutions.
The applicant can thrive in a highly competitive environment and actively participate in growth. This is a perfect chance if you have solid architectural experience and excellent interpersonal skills.
Software Architect Job Profile
A software architect is responsible for high-level design decisions and the development of technical standards. This might comprise tools, coding standards for software, or platforms. A software architect must have the extensive (and deep) technical expertise to make intelligent judgments. They must also have soft skills to manage projects and people.
- Tech Lead
- Chief Technology Officer
Software Architect Responsibilities
- Comprehend the software need and design software architecture
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of the process, which includes the design, development, and implementation of various software solutions
- Hold customer meetings to understand their company goals better and provide solutions to accomplish those goals.
- Devise a strategy for improving the present software
- Make crucial high-level software design decisions, as well as other factors such as determining the best technology for software development
- Supervise a team of software developers and allocate assignments to appropriate individuals
- Establish technical standards to fulfil the needs of the customer
- Train developers on the technology or tools to be used in the development of applications or software
- Assist in the implementation of the software and hand over the project to the support team
Software Architect Requirements & Skills
- A master's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Demonstrated experience as a software architect
- Previous experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#,.NET, Java, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of software and application design and architecture
- Extensive understanding of UML and other modelling techniques
- Knowledge of the concepts of software quality assurance
- A technical approach with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills