SEO Manager Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable SEO Manager to lead our SEO team. As an SEO Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing our SEO strategy. This role covers various aspects including keyword research, content strategy, link building, and web analytics. The ideal candidate will have a passion for SEO, a strong grasp of search engine algorithms, and the ability to adapt to new trends and changes.
SEO Manager Job Profile
An SEO Manager is essential in increasing the online presence and overall success of a company's website. They are experts in optimizing website content for search engines, aiming to achieve high rankings in search results, and thereby driving more traffic and engagement to the site.
The SEO Manager typically reports to the Head of Marketing or the Director of Digital Marketing.
SEO Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies.
- Conduct keyword research to guide content teams.
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
- Optimize website content, landing pages, and paid search copy.
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g., link-building).
- Collaborate with social media, PPC, marketing, and sales teams.
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Stay updated with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze SEO statistics such as redirects, click rate, bounce rate, and others.
- Prepare and present reports regularly on SEO strategy and results.
SEO Manager Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as an SEO Manager, SEM Manager, or similar role.
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices.
- Experience with SEO reporting and web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends).
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g., Conductor, Screaming Frog, MOZ) and webmaster tools (e.g., Google, Bing, Yandex).
- Strong skills in analytics, numeracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative marketing strategies.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is advantageous.