SEO Copywriter Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a talented and creative SEO Copywriter to join our marketing team. The SEO Copywriter will be responsible for creating engaging, high-quality content optimized for search engines and our target audience. This role involves researching keywords, developing content strategies, and writing copy that improves our website's visibility and engagement.
SEO Copywriter Job Profile
An SEO Copywriter combines the art of writing with the science of search engine optimization to create content that is both compelling to readers and ranks well on search engine results pages. Their expertise lies in adapting language and tone to various platforms while incorporating SEO best practices.
The SEO Copywriter typically reports to the SEO Manager or Content Manager.
SEO Copywriter Responsibilities
- Write high-quality, SEO-optimized content for websites, blogs, social media, and other marketing channels.
- Conduct thorough keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase traffic.
- Collaborate with the SEO and marketing teams to develop effective content strategies.
- Edit and revise existing content based on keyword analysis and SEO trends.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content using analytics tools.
- Stay updated with the latest SEO trends and changes in algorithms.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar, aligning with marketing objectives.
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that capture the target audience’s attention.
SEO Copywriter Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as an SEO Copywriter or Content Writer.
- Strong understanding of SEO and content marketing principles.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Familiarity with web publications and proficiency in content management systems.
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics.
- Good time-management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field is preferred.