PMO Analyst Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a skilled PMO Analyst to support the activities of our Project Management Office. The PMO Analyst will be instrumental in developing and maintaining project documentation, tracking and reporting project performance, and ensuring the alignment of project activities with company standards and objectives. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, experience in project management, and the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders.
PMO Analyst Job Profile
A PMO Analyst plays a crucial role in assisting the PMO in planning, executing, and governing the standard processes and practices of the organization’s projects. They are responsible for analyzing and synthesizing project information to ensure alignment and compliance with PMO standards and overall business strategy.
The PMO Analyst typically reports to the PMO Manager or the Head of Project Management.
PMO Analyst Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of PMO policies, standards, and processes.
- Monitor project progress and performance to identify any issues or deviations from the plan.
- Prepare detailed project reports, including status reports, risk assessments, and other documentation.
- Support project managers and teams in project planning, resource allocation, and scheduling.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
- Coordinate and attend project meetings, capturing key actions and decisions.
- Assist in the analysis and improvement of project management methods and tools.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices within the PMO.
PMO Analyst Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a PMO Analyst or similar role in project management.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in project management software and tools.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.