Network Technician Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking a talented Network Technician to help with network growth and maintenance. You will be in charge of constructing the network so that it performs optimally.
The ideal applicant will be a competent individual interested in technology. An analytical attitude will be required for effective troubleshooting and network improvement.
Network Technician Job Profile
A Computer Network Technician, often known as a Network Technician, oversees an organisation's network infrastructure. Installs, runs, maintains, upgrades, and repairs computers and network equipment.
In addition to building and managing an organisation's internet, intranets, and extranets, computer network technicians manage, troubleshoot, and oversee the use of LANs and WANs. Their responsibility is to monitor and improve the network's connection and performance.
Technicians keep an eye on the day-to-day functioning of a company's computer network. They also assist with the installation of hardware and software for all systems.
Network Technician Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware problems, execute repairs, and run scheduled updates
- Collaborate with the IT staff to verify that software is installed correctly and running on employee PCs
- Provide technical help to customers and end-users using various channels of contact, such as phones and live chat support
- Protect the computer network from cyber-attacks by installing antivirus software and keeping it up to date
- Educate staff on various aspects of the network and provide management with information on potential causes and remedies to problems
- Suggest the best equipment and programmes for a firm, as well as request new equipment if the present equipment becomes faulty
Network Technician Requirements & Skills
- A BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience as a network technician or in a related job
- Excellent diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical abilities
- Effective communication abilities
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, and network technologies
- Working knowledge of standard software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA credentials are greatly encouraged