.NET Developer Job Description Template/Brief
We are hiring a .Net Developer who will be responsible for writing code in .Net languages like C# and VB. You will design new apps, configure current systems, and provide user assistance.
You should develop functional code and have a keen eye for finding bugs. Your overarching aim as a .Net developer will be to collaborate with internal teams to design, create, and maintain applications.
.NET Developer Job Profile
A .NET Software Developer is a programmer who specialises in creating software for Microsoft's Windows platform. They use programming languages compatible with Microsoft's .NET frameworks, such as VB.NET, C#, and F# (F sharp).
The Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a six-stage method used by .NET developers that includes analysis, design, development and testing, implementation, documentation, and assessment. They work in teams at software development businesses or in the IT department of many technology-driven organisations, and they deal with computers regularly.
- Project Lead
- Product Lead
.NET Developer Responsibilities
- Create .NET apps
- Collect project requirements through stakeholder liaison
- Analyse project requirements and propose solutions and features
- Create wireframes and virtual prototypes to demonstrate project specifications
- Write and modify programming code with computer software
- Modify and document programme code to prevent problems
- Test code for flaws and apply upgrades and fixes
- Use logic and systematic testing techniques to solve problems
- Develop testing and validation processes
- Deploy code in a live environment
.NET Developer Requirements & Skills
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar technical degree
- Experience with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server, and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Knowledge of at least one .NET language (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- Understanding of architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Knowledge of Agile techniques
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Knowledge of REST and RPC APIs