Middleware Developer Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a skilled, tremendously enthusiastic Middleware Developer to join us and become a part of a high-performing, well-acclaimed software development team working with cutting-edge technologies (e.g. SOA, NoSQL DBs, etc.) on fascinating projects with significant effect.
Middleware Developer Job Profile
Middleware is software that offers standard services and capabilities to applications that go beyond what the operating system delivers. Middleware is widely used to manage data, application services, messaging, authentication, and API administration.
Middleware aids developers in the creation of more efficient apps. It functions as a link between programmes, data, and users.
Middleware can make developing and running large-scale applications more cost-effective for enterprises with multi-cloud and containerized systems.
Middleware Developer Responsibilities
- Advanced technical proficiency in Mule Anypoint, Java, XML, XSLT, and XPath is required to undertake code reviews
- Work will span all parts of the software engineering lifecycle, with a focus on middleware development utilizing the Java/J2EE/Spring/JSP/Struts platform and databases
- Proven understanding of.Net, SQL Server, Java, C++, and HTML software, as well as coding methods, support, debugging, and maintenance
- Use middleware technologies to support and maintain existing application interfaces.
- Create new interfaces for a wide range of commercial applications, as well as write functional and technical specifications
- Directly communicate with other IT application owners to give middleware technical support and help
- Take part in middleware tool version updates and migrations.
- Implement new technologies to improve the infrastructure environment for middleware tools
- Develop web apps
- Oversee the root cause analysis of software issues
Middleware Developer Requirements & Skills
- Python, Ruby, and shell scripting expertise
- Previous experience supporting other developers' application frameworks
- Extensive experience with interactive query processing
- Proven experience with middleware products like WSO2, MuleSoft, JBoss, or Talend
- Prior experience managing Unix and Linux server environments
- WebMethods 8 and 9 (Developer, Integration Server, Broker, MWS) suite
- E2E System Testing Assistance (for projects they are assigned to)
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design