Marketing Engineer Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking a skilled Marketing Engineer to join our team. This role involves collaborating closely with both marketing and engineering teams to develop effective marketing strategies that highlight the technical strengths of our products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of engineering concepts and be able to communicate these in a marketing context, enhancing our brand's appeal to a technically savvy audience.
Marketing Engineer Job Profile
A Marketing Engineer bridges the gap between marketing and engineering, focusing on creating technical marketing strategies that align with engineering principles. They are instrumental in developing and implementing marketing plans that resonate with technical audiences, ensuring that products are presented accurately and attractively.
The Marketing Engineer will report directly to the Head of Marketing, with a dotted line to the Engineering Manager for technical guidance and alignment.
Marketing Engineer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product development teams to understand technical specifications and unique selling points of products.
- Develop marketing materials that accurately convey technical aspects of products to a target audience.
- Work with the marketing team to create campaigns that effectively reach and engage technical customers.
- Analyze market trends and customer feedback to recommend adjustments in marketing strategies.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps and opportunities in the market.
- Train and support sales and marketing teams on technical aspects of the products.
- Participate in product launches and promotional events, providing technical insights where necessary.
Marketing Engineer Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a technical marketing role, preferably in a similar industry.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and the ability to communicate these to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in market analysis and campaign development.
- Proficient in digital marketing tools and analytics platforms.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.