IT Technician Job Description Template/Brief
We're looking for an IT Technician who will diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software components. You will be responsible for installing and configuring computer hardware and providing IT assistance to the firm. You will regularly connect with many departments and levels, listening to their technical problems and implementing IT solutions to fix them.
A candidate having an associate's degree in computer science or engineering and A+ and Linux+ certification is preferred. You must have troubleshooting expertise and knowledge of database programming and software installation. You will be knowledgeable about a variety of applications and hardware and MAC and OS. To fulfil everyday tasks, you must be willing to travel to customer sites.
IT Technician Job Profile
An IT technician delivers an exhaustive range of assistance to support, repair, and maintain an organisation's computer systems' hardware and software. IT technicians install, debug, and repair computer hardware and software. It is frequently seen as entry-level employment.
IT technicians may install, debug, test, or assist in the deployment of security features, hardware, and software and maintain networks and computer systems. IT technicians, frequently regarded as entry-level positions, can advance to more specialised jobs such as systems engineer, network administrator, or cloud administrator.
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
IT Technician Responsibilities
- Set up network cabling as well as other network equipment such as routers and switches
- Set up workstations and other equipment such as printers
- Install desktop operating systems and apps
- Connect all workstations and necessary servers to the network
- Provide technical assistance and training to employees
- Install servers, server operating systems, and server software
- Monitor and test networks to verify that they are working at peak performance
- Set up routers and switches
- Monitor servers to confirm that they are working at peak performance
- Monitor server backups to ensure that they are performed on a regular and proper basis
- Respond to customer requests
- Monitor backups of workstations and antivirus updates
- Troubleshoot to identify and resolve issues
IT Technician Requirements & Skills
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Problem solver and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Exceptional organisational and time-management abilities
- Extensive hands-on expertise with a variety of computer systems and networks
- Comprehensive understanding of internet security and data privacy concepts
- Certification as an IT Technician will be a significant advantage