ETL Developer Job Description Template/Brief
We are searching for an experienced ETL developer to design and implement a data warehousing environment for our organization. Your responsibilities will involve collaborating with the data management team, assessing the organization's storage needs, developing a data warehouse, extracting data from corporate servers, populating the new warehouse, and testing it once completed.
To be thriving as an ETL developer, you need to be well-versed in coding languages and warehouse design and be able to express your ideas to the firm adequately. Finally, a top-tier ETL developer can construct a highly efficient and tailored warehouse environment that meets the company's data storage demands.
ETL Developer Job Profile
An ETL Developer is an IT professional that creates data storage systems for businesses and works to populate such systems with the data that must be kept.
ETL is an acronym that stands for "extract, transform, load," and it refers to importing business data into a data warehouse environment, testing it for performance, and debugging it before it goes live. ETL Developers must be professionals at getting a big-picture view of a company's data situation to provide complete data storage solutions.
ETL Developer Responsibilities
- Determine your data storage requirements
- Create a data warehouse for the organization's internal departments utilizing various data warehousing ideas
- Develop and improve data solutions that allow for the smooth distribution of data, and is in charge of gathering, processing, maintaining, and analyzing massive amounts of data
- Lead the design of the logical data model, as well as the implementation of the physical database structure, as well as the construction and implementation of operational data stores and data marts
- Create, automate, and support sophisticated applications for data extraction, transformation, and loading
- Ensure the accuracy of data
- Create data flow models, both logical and physical, for ETL applications.
- Convert data access, transformation, and movement requirements into functional specifications and mapping designs
ETL Developer Requirements & Skills
- Knowledge of PL/SQL Server Development
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Prior familiarity with dimensional modelling
- Knowledge of Hadoop Components, including HDFS, Spark, Hbase, Hive, and Sqoop
- Knowledge of OLAP, SSAS, and MDX
- Knowledge of Java and/or.NET
- Knowledge of ETL technologies such as SSIS
- Knowledge of modelling tools such as Toad Data Modeller, Erwin, and Embarcadero
- Previous experience interacting with business users and comprehending their needs
- Capability to learn and use novel and diverse approaches
- Ability to manage projects
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities