Director of Talent Acquisition Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic Director of Talent Acquisition to lead our recruitment strategy and operations. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire recruitment process, developing talent acquisition strategies, and ensuring that the organization attracts and retains top-notch talent. The ideal candidate should have a strategic mindset, strong leadership skills, and a proven track record in talent acquisition.
Director of Talent Acquisition Job Profile
The Director of Talent Acquisition is key in shaping the workforce of an organization. They are responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive recruitment strategies, managing the talent acquisition team, and ensuring the alignment of recruitment activities with the organization's strategic goals.
The Director of Talent Acquisition typically reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) or the Vice President of Human Resources.
Director of Talent Acquisition Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Use social media, job boards, Internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs.
- Develop college recruiting programs and participate in employment events, such as career fairs.
- Use sophisticated applicant tracking systems and other recruiting software and CRM system to track applicants through the selection phase through to onboarding.
- Develop relationships with third-party recruitment agencies and staffing firms and manage the procurement and measurement process.
- Train and supervise the recruiting team.
- Provide analytical and well-documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team.
Director of Talent Acquisition Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a Director of Talent Acquisition or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g., social networks).
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution of talent acquisition strategies.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and planning skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field.