Data Engineer Job Description Template/Brief
We're looking for a pipeline-centric data engineer with prior experience. Our ideal candidate will have the mathematical and statistical knowledge you'd expect and an uncommon curiosity and originality. You'll wear various hats in this position, but you'll spend a lot of time developing our Python ETL procedures and creating fantastic SQL.
Aside from technical talents, you'll need the soft skills to convey extremely complicated data patterns to organizational executives in an understandable manner. We're searching for someone eager to get started and assist the organization make the most of its data.
Data Engineer Job Profile
Data engineers create data pipelines that convert raw, unstructured data into forms that data scientists can analyze. They are in charge of developing and maintaining the analytics infrastructure that underpins nearly every other data function. Databases, servers, and large-scale processing systems are examples of such structures.
- Data & Strategy Team
Data Engineer Responsibilities
- Design and maintain an efficient data pipeline design
- Put together massive, complicated data sets that fulfil business objectives
- Recognize, create, and execute internal process enhancements
- Improve data delivery and re-design infrastructure for scalability
- Use SQL and AWS technologies to create the architecture necessary for optimum data extraction, conversion, and loading from a comprehensive range of data references
- Create analytics tools that use the data flow to deliver actionable insights into necessary company performance measures such as customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and others
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve data-related technical challenges and support data infrastructure requirements
- Develop data tools for members of the analytics and data scientist teams
Data Engineer Requirements & Skills
- Prior experience as a data engineer or in a comparable function
- Technical knowledge of data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Understanding of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Practical knowledge of SQL database design is required
- Outstanding numerical and analytical abilities
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related discipline is required; a master's degree is preferred
- Data engineering certification (for example, IBM Certified Data Engineer) is advantageous