Data Architect Job Description Template/Brief
Our organisation is looking for an experienced Data Architect to collaborate with our software and application development teams to suggest database architectures depending on each department's data storage and retrieval requirements.
The Data Architect will be in charge of regularly monitoring our database and fixing database issues and problems as they arise. The selected applicant will also produce reports to management outlining the company's evolving data demands and proposing associated solutions.
Data Architect Job Profile
A Data Architect examines the company's data demands and employs coding abilities to maintain secure databases. They next collect and arrange the information gathered. A Data Architect analyses data and draws conclusions based on their findings using their analytics and other coding programmes knowledge.
Furthermore, they provide findings to management utilising mathematical and statistical theory methodologies, which are subsequently used to strengthen different efforts inside the organisation. A Data Architect can examine a set of data for trends and use the knowledge to stay competitive in their employer's industry.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Data Architect Responsibilities
- Convert business needs into technical specifications for data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data like product codes and client categories, and master data like clients, vendors, materials, and personnel
- Create a reference architecture that others may use to construct and improve data systems
- Define data flows, which components of the organisation create data, which require data to function, how data flows are handled, and how data changes in transition.
- Work with numerous departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors to collaborate and coordinate
Data Architect Requirements & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a closely related discipline
- Strong arithmetic and analytical abilities are required to satisfy work requirements properly
- Capability to compile and organise retrieved statistical data and present conclusions to management
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive personal information
- Self-assurance in decision-making, as well as the capacity to explain procedures or options as needed
- Excellent computer abilities, as well as the ability to use relevant databases and applications
- Influencing and customer support skills are required
- Superior multitasking abilities and task management tactics
- Ability to fulfil milestones and work toward various deadlines at the same time