Customer Success Manager Job Description Template/Brief
We're seeking a customer success manager that isn't afraid to pull up their sleeves and lead a team from the trenches. As a critical part of our leadership team, you will contribute to the development of the company's customer success initiatives, create strong connections with customers and collaborate with cross-functional leaders internally to provide consistently exceptional customer experiences.
Our ideal applicant is enthusiastic about applying analytical abilities to identify problems, solve them, and strengthen connections. To be successful in this capacity, you should have relevant digital or advertising client expertise and a track record of campaign analysis and optimization.
Customer Success Manager Job Profile
Customer success managers (CSMs) guide your customers from sales prospects to active consumers of your goods.
They are dedicated to customer loyalty and developing long-term client connections, and they frequently work with the same clients for as long as they continue to work with your company.
- Marketing Manager
- Business Lead
Customer Success Manager Responsibilities
- Manage overall client relationships, including onboarding, installation, training, boosting adoption, assuring retention, and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop a trusted and strategic advisor relationship to promote the long-term value of our goods and services
- With the aid of the creative team, maintain and build customer success strategies and best practices, as well as customer support content
- Effectively engage with both internal and external senior management to understand customer demands, enhance retention and growth, and share learnings
- As required, maintain current customer success metrics and data
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned accounts, establishing trust and rapport while recognizing areas of opportunity, emphasizing best practices, and recording them
- Examine the customer journey, determining how it is supported, and using a consultative approach to assisting customers in overcoming difficulties and achieving goals
- Facilitate contact and workflow among project team members, including third-party service providers, to enable timely delivery of deliverables
- Work with team members to collaborate, problem-solve, and/or strategize forthcoming client meetings
- Create any relevant paperwork or visualizations for the customer to demonstrate campaign performance; examine patterns in C-Sat/NPS ratings to find areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to drill down on customer references and create case studies
Customer Success Manager Requirements & Skills
- Strong preference for experience in customer service or customer success
- Proven track record of dealing with brand image and increasing value via customer experience
- Extensive communication skills and the capacity to establish strong business partnerships
- Technical abilities are necessary for the usage of the product to be solid
- Personal organization and accountability are crucial
- Previous experience leading a varied group and educating each member per business requirements
- The ability to set milestones and keep all team members on track
- Proven track record of assessing and enhancing current procedures in the Customer Success department
- A thorough grasp of customers' issues and views about the usage of products, as well as the capacity to troubleshoot as needed