Content Manager Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a Content Manager who will produce, assess, and supervise content creation.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that product, promotional, and informative content is presented effectively and per brand rules.
Content Manager Job Profile
Content managers create and disseminate timely and relevant content to audiences. They have a thorough awareness of their company's brand voice and employ it in their communications with customers.
Aside from innovation, being a content manager generally include project management and managing a content staff. They may also work on projects with members of other teams.
This is not an entry-level position; content managers are typically expected to lead their teams and drive growth; therefore, it is filled by someone with a couple of years of experience in marketing, communications, and project management.
- Marketing Manager
- SEO Manager
Content Manager Responsibilities
- Create a content strategy that is in line with both long-term and short-term marketing objectives
- Work together with design and marketing teams to design and build site content design and layout
- Create and distribute interesting content
- Edit, proofread and improve on writers' postings as needed
- Maintain brand consistency by efficiently interacting with authors.
- Optimize material for SEO purposes
- Interpret website traffic and user interaction data using content management systems
- Increase cross-platform site traffic by controlling content distribution through online channels and social media
- Use an editorial schedule to keep the content team on track
- Ensure that all data and work are lawful (e.g. copyright protection)
- Stay up to date on trends and come up with fresh concepts to capture the interest of the audience
Content Manager Requirements & Skills
- At least three to four years of agency or equivalent position experience
- The ability to generate new and compelling ideas for new content that develops or reinforces the company's brand identity
- Experience writing innovative text that incorporates good keyword placement utilizing SEO best practises
- Excellent verbal communication abilities, as well as a firm grasp of the English language
- Extremely computer savvy, particularly in the creation, interpretation, and editing of HTML scripts
- Advanced written communication abilities and the ability to read English copy
- Working knowledge of social media engagement methods and best practices
- Proven ability to create original content that is targeted to a specific audience and achieves organizational objectives
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office and WordPress