Cloud Architect Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for a professional cloud architect to manage our company's cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will be responsible for the strategic supervision of all cloud systems, including front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal applicant would have a thorough grasp of cloud computing and technology systems and previous experience creating and migrating applications to the cloud. You must have a good mindset and excellent communication skills to convey your expertise correctly.
Cloud Architect Job Profile
Cloud architects maintain an organisation's cloud computing architecture, which is more important as cloud technologies become more complicated. Cloud computing architecture includes all aspects of cloud computing, such as front-end platforms, servers, storage, delivery, and networks used to handle cloud storage.
Cloud architects are IT professionals with the ability and experience to traverse complicated cloud settings, lead teams, design and implement cloud plans, and guarantee that cloud system are up to date and running efficiently.
- Senior Cloud Architect
Cloud Architect Responsibilities
- Create a culture of cloud adoption
- Create and manage cloud architecture
- Create a cloud strategy and oversee the adaptation process
- Identify talent with the required competencies
- Evaluation of apps, software, and hardware
- Put together a "cloud broker team"
- Implement cloud best practices throughout the organisation
- Choose cloud service providers and verify third-party services
- Oversee governance and risk mitigation
- Collaborate closely with information technology security to monitor privacy and build incident-response protocols
- Budget management and cost estimation
- Large-scale operations
Cloud Architect Requirements & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a comparable subject
- Solid understanding of at least one operating system, such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, or Windows
- Prior background as an administrator or architect in any of the prominent operating systems is desired (e.g., Ubuntu or Red Hat); previous experience in any of the famous operating systems is also beneficial
- Solid grasp of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, and DNS. Before pursuing a position as a cloud architect, you should be familiar with these principles
- Working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language
- A high-level grasp of essential security principles
- A basic understanding of security principles such as firewalls