Business Operations Manager Job Description Template/Brief
We are seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to oversee our organization's daily operations, improve performance, and drive growth. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and optimizing our organization's operational processes, ensuring operational excellence, and aligning these processes with our business goals. This role demands a combination of strong management skills and an analytical mindset.
Business Operations Manager Job Profile
A Business Operations Manager is key in ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, analyzing business processes, improving overall business functions, and driving profitability and efficiency.
The Business Operations Manager typically reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) or the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Business Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.).
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
Business Operations Manager Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a Business Operations Manager or relevant role.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA is a plus.