Business Intelligence Developer Job Description Template/Brief
We are hiring a BI Developer who will create and administer dynamic VB, a web NET application. As BI Developer, your primary responsibilities will include downloading data from flat files, verifying the data using PL/SQL procedures, and constructing databases using DDL, DML, and DCL.
Other responsibilities include documenting SSIS and SSRS reports, designing dashboards, and conveying modifications to other stakeholders via thorough descriptions.
Business Intelligence Developer Job Profile
A BI developer's primary duty is to create, implement, and maintain BI tools and interfaces. They are also in charge of translating highly technical jargon and complex material into simple words that everyone else in the firm can comprehend.
When it comes to making crucial decisions in the business, BI developers give quantitative answers to complicated challenges rather than relying on gut impulses. As a result, they must be able to comprehend and interact with a wide range of data, including historical data kept in data warehouses and new data received from sources as soon as it is created.
- IT Head
- Chief Data Officer
Business Intelligence Developer Responsibilities
- Establish business needs for BI tools
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements
- Manage BI software development, implementation, and maintenance
- Report curation and data modelling
- Participate in the creation of a data warehouse
- Test Hypotheses
- Create strategies and road maps
- Measures for success management and improvement
- Analyse current applications, correct faults, and improve tools, processes, and systems
- Create technical documentation for BI tools, as well as describe the contents of a data warehouse and meta-data storage
Business Intelligence Developer Requirements & Skills
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the SQL database and another relational database
- Prior knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is required (SSIS)
- Understanding of database management systems
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing
- Some programming language experience (C# is the most commonly necessary language)
- Hands-on expertise with one or more business intelligence and reporting tools (Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, or some other)
- ETL experience (Extract, Transform, Load)