Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Template/Brief
We are hiring an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to create data-driven strategies to improve our organisation's procedures and grow our market share. You will be part of a company that will mine data, create analytics tools, and report on your discoveries and solutions.
A fondness for data and a positively analytical mind are required for success as a Business Intelligence Analyst. Top applicants will also have strong writing and verbal communication abilities, allowing them to convey the tactics successfully they wish to adopt.
Business Intelligence Analyst Job Profile
Business intelligence analysts are critical to making the vast amounts of data presently available to businesses meaningful. Business intelligence analysts can collect and evaluate data to offer growth plans for a company, straddling the realms of business and information technology.
After making recommendations for technology advancements in a firm, a business intelligence analyst is frequently required to hold seminars for colleagues, including training managers to deploy and monitor these new systems.
- Business Manager
- Business Intelligence Team
Business Intelligence Analyst Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to determine their requirements and issues
- Conduct information-gathering interviews with clients and consumers and solicit feedback
- Use querying techniques, and collect and extract data from warehouses for reporting.
- Use software apps to analyse current data
- Produce summaries of a company's current status
- Make recommendations to top management on how to improve efficiency
- Supervise the execution of a technical project
- Create new analytical models and procedures for a corporation to use to standardise data collecting
Business Intelligence Analyst Requirements & Skills
- Database design and data architecture
- Data mining and analytics
- Data security and privacy
- Data visualisation (including Tableau and Qlik)
- Handle all SQL versions
- Proficiency in ETL (extract, transform, load)
- Understanding when Hadoop, R, and SAS are needed and how to utilise them effectively
- Cloud computing and data storage technology
- Excellent communication and articulation talents to share suggestions with coworkers in an approachable manner, often based on highly technical data
- Excellent leadership abilities, as well as the capacity to brainstorm and collaborate with team members on a data science project
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- The ability to work in a varied, multinational workforce that is focused on customer satisfaction