Analyst Programmer Job Description Template/Brief
We are looking for an Analyst Programmer that will be in charge of investigating, consulting, analysing, and assessing system programme requirements.
You will identify technological constraints and inadequacies in current systems, as well as the processes, procedures, and techniques connected with them.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for doing tests, repairing bugs, running diagnostics, and resolving errors and faults in an application programming language within defined testing methods, guidelines, and quality standards to verify that programmes and applications function to specification.
Analyst Programmer Job Profile
Analyst programmers examine user requirements, create requirements documentation and system plans, and encode, test, debug, maintain, and document programmes and applications.
An analyst programmer, also known as a technical business analyst, serves as a liaison between its IT department and its customers. Working closely with multiple business departments to gather needs to build and configure a system, including creating clearly defined objectives and criteria, is typical of the function.
Analyst programmers frequently collaborate with business analysts and project managers, participating in testing, implementing, and providing post-implementation support. Whereas a programmer will merely create code based on the algorithms supplied to them, an analyst programmer must also analyse a programme and build the algorithms to solve it - they do everything themselves.
- Tech Lead
- Chief Technology Officer
Analyst Programmer Responsibilities
- Debugging programmes when issues occur
- Design software programmes for new systems
- Develop front and back ends of websites
- Manage and update scripts for reporting reasons
- Use programming languages to construct programmes that advance company objectives
- Analyse, write, test, and document programmes
- Update user websites
- Carry out bespoke software requests
Analyst Programmer Requirements & Skills
- A degree in information technology, computer programming or a related field
- Previous application development experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SSQS, ASP.NET, and HTML
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred
- Excellent analytic abilities