Data Scientist Job Description
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
- Mining text data for use in classification / predicting business outcomes.
- Building anomaly detection models to determine fraudulent activity, unexpected trends in data, etc.
- Applying machine learning to image classification for key business applications.
- Identifying, evaluating, and productionizing new data sources (e.g. geospatial data, web scraping, cell phone sensors).
- Predictive modeling related to improving insurance pricing.
What do I need? 🤓
- Strong programming skills, especially R and/or Python
- Demonstrated experience in building, validating, and leveraging machine learning models
- Demonstrated skill with data mining, data munging, coping with missing / corrupt / unstructured data
- 1+ years of industry experience building predictive models OR graduate-level research in a relevant area
Brownie points 🍰
- Experience using big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and cloud computing (AWS preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of physics, linear algebra, probability/statistics
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you're a quick learner, and are excited about changing the status quo for tech recruitment, we're happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.