Android Engineer Job Description
About the role 👩🏽💻👨💻
- Collaborate with all dev teams to build new features and their integration with back-end services while maintaining existing features and being a force of proposition for architecture improvements.
- Build robust, maintainable code to support a rapidly evolving product.
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to drive product direction.
- Design lightweight mobile APIs.
- Explore and advocate for the latest architectural trends in order to keep Tally android technology innovative and relevant.
- Develop with testing in mind and leverage testing frameworks in order to produce consistent, high-quality features.
- Understand product requirements beyond the written word and take pride in crafting intuitive and delightful experiences on mobile.
What do you need? 🤓
- You're intimately familiar with the lifecycle intricacies of Android components.
- You have strong design intuition and user empathy.
- You stay on top of Android news including new open-source libraries and best practices.
- You love writing custom Views, ViewGroups, and new UX interactions.
- You actively write unit tests for new code.
- You write highly performant code and know how to performance tune Android apps.
- You're self-driven to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what's outlined in the spec.
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you're a quick learner, and are excited about changing the status quo for tech recruitment, we're happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.