With the feature of remote proctoring in online exams for pre-employment assessments, employers can now stay one step ahead of the candidates who try to cheat. Proctoring plays an important role in ensuring the authenticity and credibility of pre-employment assessments and their results, and here is all you need to know about it.
🙋 What is Online Proctoring?
Online proctoring also referred to as remote proctoring is a digital form of assessment in which the candidate is usually monitored via a webcam, audio mic or access to the screen of the candidate during the assessment. Online proctored exams allow candidates from any location to attend assessments while maintaining the quality and credibility of such assessments.
Advantages of Online Remote Proctoring
- Prevents cheating in all forms.
- The candidate's location is not a restriction.
- Time flexibility.
- It can be used for all sorts of online exams.
- Prevents impersonation during assessments.
How Does Remote Proctoring Work?
Online proctoring is a two-faced affair - on one side you have the candidate taking the assessment and on the other end is the proctor. Below is a quick summary of how you start your Adaface test and how it ends.
- As the assessment begins, based on the type of proctoring selected by the employer, the webcam or audio mic or session recording of the screen starts and the candidate is ready to be proctored.
- Based on the type of online proctoring selected, activities of the candidate is logged in set intervals. Any suspicious movement on the candidate’s side is first notified to the candidate and is subsequently logged in the database.
- Once the exam time is over, the assessment gets submitted automatically.
- Lastly, the employer is presented with the candidate's result which is a comprehensive report with a question-by-question analysis.
In a nutshell, once the assessment begins the platform begins to log every activity of the candidate and generates a report for the employer to check.
Adaface Remote Proctoring Features
Adaface provides various kinds of remote proctoring features for pre-employment assessments for employers to choose from.
- Automatic disabling of COPY-PASTE mechanism to curb plagiarism. Candidates are not allowed to copy code from the Web or the local computer and paste it on the code editor. In addition to this, the platform also disallows candidates from copying assessment statements from the question library and sharing it on the internet.
- Webcam monitoring with candidate snapshots. 📸 Using the candidate’s webcam, the Adaface platform takes snapshots of the candidate at regular intervals during a test. All the images are logged and are available for the employer in the candidate dashboard as real-time image proctoring. Our powerful image analysis provides a detailed scorecard for the employer and red flags are marked if the candidate has used any unfair means during the test which may also include other users trying to impersonate the candidate while taking the assessment.
- Advanced window monitoring capabilities with session recordings. 💻 Adaface platform works on all browsers without any extra installations or plugins. The platform can monitor a candidate's tab and window switching activities. Adaface’s platform issues a warning each time a candidate tries to leave the assessment environment, and this is measured by the number of tab switches made by the candidate, which is logged into the scorecard of the candidate. The platform also provides session recordings of the candidate during the assessment.
- Advanced IP monitoring of the candidate during the assessment. Adaface platform also has a feature to track IP addresses of the candidates taking the assessment. With this feature, the employer can track the locations of the candidate and also check if a single candidate has taken the test from different systems/ IP addresses.
Such highly adaptive platforms are easy to set-up, are completely secure and allow for remote delivery and proctoring of the assessments.
💡 Pro-Tip: To take your hiring efforts to the next level, check out Adaface.